Thursday, January 20, 2011

no, I did not go missing ;-)

I my gosh! It has been forever since I have blogged! I didn't realize until someone pointed it out to me......so sorry! Since that blog I have had chemo, which once again, really isn't too bad. my back pain has mostly resolved....thank God! I got a doctors release to actually get a massage. They wouldn't do it in case they actually spread the cancer by rubbing my back....HA! Give a break! Really! I am more worried about the lotion they use on my poor, sensitive skin. My sister and niece came out to visit. Very fun! We all had a great time! I will confide in one moment that was very difficult for me. My niece had mentioned she had a pretty formal eighth grade graduation ceremony in the spring. So I suggested, for fun, to all take her to a dress shop and have her try on dresses so that she (and her mother) could get an idea of what would work for this big shin-dig. After dress number 25 it hit me that I may not be here to take my own girls shopping like this. Ouch! Did this hurt! I actually had to leave the dress shop to regain composure.
So, here is the deal. I am meeting with a woman from Texas on Friday to discuss what she calls "cherry picking" our care. She is a twelve year survivor of stage four colon cancer and has basically directed her own care through mets to liver, lungs, and brain. I receive my CT scan results on Monday and begin a new phase of planning.
In the mean time I did my PALS class this week and ACLS next week and schedule my first couple of shifts the week after. I am excited to get back to work. Call me crazy! Know that you are all such blessing to me! God bless you all!

1 comment: