Wednesday, February 2, 2011

busy, busy, busy!

Ok. I know. One day you find out I have my own class room of kindergartners in my lungs and the I just fall off the face of the earth! Not a very good friend, am I? Well, quick synopsis of what has happened since then:
Chemo on Tuesday, up with Saige at 3 am with barfing and stomach pain Wednesday morning, positive strep test done by 8 am and in my ACLS class by 10 am. I was picked up for ACLS on Thursday and very much appreciated the ride home.....I was so very tired by this point. Friday I got up and took the kids to school only to return to my bed and sleep the day away. Got up at 2 pm and by three started to demonstrate chemo side effects that drained me of any hydration left in my body........in a very, very wrong way. By 6 pm I sucked it up and went for fluids at the urgent care unit. I spunked up slowly on Saturday and was able to get the kids out of the house by 2 pm to go to the book store and then get something to eat. WOW! What a week! Hence the reason I didn't have the time to blog. Forgive me? I'm a busy girl!
I worked on Monday and then the freeze came in. Schools closed for two days now and the kids are stir crazy. Calgon! Take me away! Hope you are all staying warm!

2 comments:

  1. HA!!!! You are the best friend, sister, daughter, aunt, wife and especially MOM in the entire world!!!! We should all strive to be as awesome as you:)
    LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindergateners don't wash their hands, don't brush their teeth and usually smell like syrup in the morning....SO...get rid of them and then tackle the highschooler (aka liver tumor) and be done with this cancer gig. Graduation time! Falling off the face of the earth is not an option.
    I know everyone was so glad to see you at work...make sure they give you those good shifts, long breaks and fun patients.
    What kind of fluids did they give you at urgent care...at this point you should get a spike in you IV that gives that extra kick!
    Go Cynthia...it's your birthday...almost!!!!!!!!!
    Love ya ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete