Thursday, March 10, 2011

cat scans in!

I know I needed to do this much sooner, but to sit down to a computer much less sit down at all has been hard for me today! I got my results from my lovely cat scan yesterday and was very pleased to hear my news. It basically showed that in the past eight weeks my tumors have not grown, changed, moved, spread.......nothing! My CEA's went up a bit, hopefully showing cell lysis (death) specifically from the tumor. I know we would all love to hear that there has been shrinkage and tumor death all over.....but let's recap. We haven't really heard any good news since August! So, yes! I am enjoying this news quite a bit! I suffered from quite a bit of diarrhea threw the last round of treatment and assume that this next one will cause the same if not worse forcing me into adult depends to leave the house. So, there is a new drug added to the others called Octreotide. This medication needs to be given by injection into whatever fat pocket I can find......this should be a fun treasure hunt! And the answer (regarding anything about this medication!) I could get from the pharmacist was a hearty, "I don't know. You are the first person I have ever had to order it for." Shouldn't I get my money back for that? Oh! And the years of education that went into that guy!
Well, I have to say one thing clear. I have realized that when people ask how I am feeling, it is not always regarding my physical state. I guess I don't think about my mental state much until I feel the emotions swell in me. So, honestly, yesterday I felt I was drowning in dread before I went to see my onc and after a trusty xanex and a great cup of tea I was able to mellow my anxiety. I am certain that the multitude of prayers helped as well! I am so grateful for these and all the well wishes and concerned calls. The weather is supposed to be lovely this weekend so get out and enjoy it! I will be in Indiana for a quick visit with sister, niece, mom and Richy. I will have the opportunity to meet all the friends that have lifted my sister during the past 15 months. Oh! And YES jealous girls! I will finally meet Pat Mcgroin! No, you can not fit into my suitcase. Hee! Hee! Hee! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah ~ No growth in the tumors...always a lovely blog to read!!! You deserve a dose of great news...you have had your share of a dose of everything else!

    Enjoy your flight (it's always fun to fly somewhere), have fun in Indiana, seeing your family, and getting away!

    And yes, I am jealous...we love you Pat...you make us smile!

    Have fun Cynthia! Love you ~ Sare

    ReplyDelete