Friday, March 4, 2011

Very happy birthday to me!

Can I tell you? February 28th is my birthday and I turned 39.......a young 39 just so you know. This February of 2011 was theeee best birthday month of my life! I feel like I got to celebrate all month long. It started out with a spa night with a massage that my girls from my small group put together. Lunch with close girlfriends. Then my husband took me out to the Chop House for an amazing dinner! My twin came into town so we could celebrate together. We met up with 21 super cool friends at the Chop House for appetizers and drinks and then took over the last open section at Sing Sing to dance the night away. Nothing better than getting on stage and dancing the hokey poky....shaking your booty for the crowd. Only....I don't have a booty anymore! We had such a great time. The next day we took the kids to White Fence Farm and pigged out on fried chicken. All is good! I even put on 3 pounds over that weekend! On Monday, Christa and I went to get pedicures, have lunch at Tai bistro, and go see the Kings Speech. If you haven't seen it yet, go! I am telling you, this has been the best birthday of my life! God even surprised me with spring like weather so I could get outside. That warm Colorado sun is some good medicine! Something we all need. I enjoyed some time at Clement park and Red Rocks. Both very beautiful days!
I have continued taking my xeloda (chemo pills) and dealing with, ummmm, really fun side effects from that. I had my cat scan on Thursday morning and will find out the results of that on Wednesday. Other than that, I don't have much to tell. I feel good, my appetite is back up and my energy seems back to the new norm too. Honestly, I just took a much needed cancer vacation. It can be easy when you don't feel a queen and her passe hanging out in my liver and lungs. I think they are gone. There! Hope you all get a chance to take a mini vacation from your own harsh realities of life.....it is very therapeutic! Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to comment for a long time but kept saying I did not have an account...I have found so much inspiration and oddly, humor from your words. I have been dealing with my health struggles and got a blow this week ---I get ready to have a pity party and I often resort to your words for strength. Praying for you all the way to the finish line --- you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these were not from Stuart -- they are from Jodi..would not take my account....

    ReplyDelete