Thursday, August 19, 2010

moving forward

I saw Dr. Jones for wound care for my burn. He basically said not to come back unless I have something to cut into, debreed or dig out. I told him I would not be seeing him anytime soon then. You're a nice doc and all, but.........The burn is healing nicely with just the honey. Amazing. I also saw Dr. Nuttng for follow up and all seems to be well there. He is signing off my chart and sending it to Dr. Kortz. Everybody seems to be in agreement to have my right lobe removed. Sounds fun, I tell you. Especially after last weeks news of the young, live liver donor. Makes my liver all warm and fuzzy.....Just remind myself, different hospital, different surgeon, different body and God is in the mix of it all. Next step is CT scan on the 23rd and review of that scan will be on the 27th. I figure I won't meet with Kortz until after that.
The kids are having their meet-n-greet ice cream social tonight and will be meeting their teacher. I think we are all excited about this. I know I am! It's really perfect timing. I have been cleared to work again and the kids will be back in school. So, PACU gals (and boys) be ready to put me to work! It will be nice to have some normalcy before the next bit of chaos. Love out to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I heard a beautiful song this morning!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9quF_O9InI

    I also read about Chad and Ryan. Wow!!! I can't believe only 141 living liver donation surgery's have been done since 1997! But they only had complications 0.5 - 1 % of the time. Small risk I'm willing to take if you need a donor.

    Love you chickie!!!

    ReplyDelete