Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cooked well done

Yay! My ablation is done! They went in once to heat that sucker to death unfortunately to find that the microwave was too intense for my sensitive body. The heat traveled back up the needle, burning my tissue and skin. So, he went back in and use radio frequency ablation to finish off the assassination......I think this is how I understood it all. I was in quite a bit of pain Tuesday evening but slept fairly well in between nursing care that night. Wednesday, my friend Diane and I were dressed and ready to rock and roll by nine.....then we waited and waited for the wound nurse to evaluate my burn and prescribe some care. Get this! My new age wound care consists of honey called medihoney. It is from the tee tree in hmmmm, can't remember where it is from. Pretty cool though! During our wait we played several card games, talked and went on walks to get out of the room. The walks only happened once we promised I would not smoke, drink or shoot up my port.....hmmm. Not how anyone would want to spend their birthday....happy birthday girl!
I have quite a bit more pain today. I feel like I slept in the gutter and somebody kicked me in the chest to wake me up. Not going to get much accomplished today. Percocet, take me away.......

No comments:

Post a Comment