Friday, July 30, 2010

change of plans.....

My how things can change so quickly. My appointment has been canceled with Dr. Nutting for Monday and now I am scheduled for ablation on Tuesday afternoon. I am not all that excited about this. Really. Do I feel anybody understands this. No. I can't seem to wrap my brain around it.....guess I need to get on board quickly!
It is strange to me that with every procedure there comes a wave of reminders that I am fighting cancer. I know that sounds crazy, but when I am keeping busy with kids and life, I tend to drift into a bit of denial. It sure is a lovely place to be! Unfortunately, bi-weekly I am reminded that I have to continue to go through more crap and I take a ride on the emotional roller coaster. You would think this is second nature by now! So, to get myself out of this funk I am going to revisit the top ten things to be grateful for. Warning: there have been changes!
1) God (obvious)
2) My family and friends (another obvious)
3) My dog, cat, and little tiny hamster (oh yah, love that guy)
4) Food (need I say more?)
5) Sun (it makes me happy)/ rain (because it smells good)
6) Laughter (doesn't everybody?)
7) The people I work with (not sure why, but they actually let me come to work)
8) Food (yes, this one deserves to be repeated!)
9) Hiking
10) Heart shaped rocks......
Hope all is well with everyone! Please say a little prayer for me on Tuesday.....thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Tuesday is the perfect day for an ablation. Why, you ask? In most languages with Latin origins (French, Spanish, Italian), the day is named after Mars, the Roman god of war. We are at war with those tumors and it doesn't hurt to have an extra war God on your side. So there you have it. Tuesday will be much better than Monday. I love that you are having days when you can play and be in denial. That will help give you strength for the emotionally-tougher days. I love you.

    ReplyDelete