Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chemo 101

Ok fellow blog followers! I need your help today and everyday till the end of September. The Pepsi challenge is underway for new ideas. This is where people submit new ideas, the public vote for there favorite and then they receive 250,000 dollars toward their idea to make it happen.

Chemo 101 is a web site being developed by a woman, KG is what I know her by, that will be designed to help newly diagnosed cancer patients. This web site will help them understand treatment options, obtain financial assistance if needed, and find a support group with in their area. I wish I had this available to me when I was newly diagnosed!

You can go to Chemo101.com and vote up to 3 times a day till the end of September. Please. This is so important to me. It will be so beneficial to so many people effected by this crummy disease.

In the mean time, I am just trying to stay focused on what needs to be done to get healthy. My hands and feet hurt tremendously and my burn seems to be taking FOREVER to heal. This is not preventing me from doing my prescribed walking. I am up to 3 miles a day! This does not help my feet at all but it sure does lift my spirit! I plan on calling my oncologist on Tuesday and getting started on Neurontin at least for the night time. Falling asleep and staying asleep is becoming impossible. So, if I seem forgetful or loopy......it's the neurontin. Just remember it's temporary!

3 comments:

  1. So you may get more forgetful and loopy than normal....yikes!!! Didn't think that was possible:) But hurry up and get the drugs so you can get some relief. It's easier to enjoy your family while being loopy rather than in pain. And think of the entertainment you will provide for you family!!

    Chemo101 sounds like a fantastic web site!! I found 2 ways to vote, text and on-line but what is the 3rd way? You know you have to spell this stuff out for me since I'm slow:)

    I think it's time for me to visit since you are up to 3 miles a day. Wow!!! Time for a 14er? ok prolly not but I'm ready for a hike in the mountains!

    LOVE YOU SIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweety. wish I could make the pain go away. Please go to see an accupunturist, all they could say they can't help, but it"s reaching that they could. Talk to your friends to now if they know one. Maybe they can't help with the numbness but maybe the pain. Hypnotist? love always, see you in 2 months,I hope. love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cynthia ~ Oh, I hate the pain for you. Hopefully the neurotin will help it and help you sleep. Keep up the walking...you have definately kept up with your end of the healing...now it's time for it all to come together and get you cancer free!

    XO ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete