Thursday, September 2, 2010

met with Dr. Kortz

I met with Dr. Kortz today and he said he was not sharpening any knives yet. I told him I will now forever picture him in the OR sharpening knives with Mozart as background music! What a kook! Unfortunately, I didn't bring my CT scan cd with me, assuming that he should be able to retrieve it. It was done at a sister hospital for crying out loud! Apparently they use different servers for imaging results. Grrrr! Did HCA consult with me on this? NOOOO! Use the same server you big dummies! So I went home after our meeting, retrieved my cd and ran it back to him. He will view it today and call me tomorrow.
In the mean time, regardless of what the CT says, he wants to wait four weeks for another round of CEA's and another triple phase CT for comparison. Never mind the fact that we both agree my body needs more time to heal. I am at peace with this. Thanks for the prayers!
I would like to enlist a specific prayer from all my warriors. The neuropathy in my feet and hands is worsening and really making simple things miserable. I drop everything because of the numbness in my fingers yet it hurts to type (hence the blogging stall), and grocery shopping is a nightmare because of the cold. My feet hurt so bad by the time i go to bed, I can hardly fall asleep and I wake because of stabbing pain through my toes and the top of my feet. I am trying not to wine, but it has become such a focus of everything I do and there is only so much pain a person can take! Please pray for ease of this pain. Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Hello My Firend ~ UGH...how frustrating about the CT CD. I'll be anxious to hear his thoughts.

    I am so sorry about your neuropathy...I know that affects everything..everyday...all day. I will pray that it subsides for you.

    Sending a huge hug to you ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you have neuropathy? Are you still doing chemo? I'm glad they are going to give you time to heal. It's so important-- If you need me to come--all you have to do is let me know --- seriously!!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your frustrating day:( As always we will pray for you to receive relief from the pain in your body and that you recieve the healing it needs. All our love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, so sorry about the neuropathy and would do anything to help you through it. Have you checked into accupuncture or hypnosis. If either one could help, it's worth a try. Ask you fellow bloggers if they or there family have experience with either one of these. I know pain meds are out there but don't know how effective they are for nerves. they have mentioned aleve since it works on nerves. Will talk to you later.love mom

    ReplyDelete