Tuesday, September 21, 2010

very tired.....

I am so very tired since I returned from the hospital. Not really sure what that is about. I could seriously sleep the day away if I didn't have other things that I have to get done. The pain is still there but is becoming more tolerable with less medication.
I have so much going on this week. Yesterday, I went in for a CT. Today I am going to the wound clinic to have my wound re-packed. Not really looking forward to that one. Tomorrow I meet with Dr. Jotte to go over the CT. A lot of emotions are going along with this one. I am so scared that I am going to receive bad news. Can't seem to stop thinking about it today. What if this burn damaged too much of the left lobe that they can't take out the right? I need some heavy duty praying from all of you. For healing and peace. I see the surgeon on Thursday. Not sure what he is going to say. I am also running temperatures again. Maybe this is why I feel like the life is being sucked out of me? They say the temperatures are from the necrotic tissues around my tumors. I don't know how much of that I believe.
On an up note, I am going to women of faith this weekend. I can't wait! Spending the whole weekend praising and worshiping, what more can I ask for?

4 comments:

  1. Hello My Friend ~

    I hope you got to sleep today and rest for the remaining week ahead. I can imagine the emotional roller coaster this is for you and John. All the news to date has been pretty positive...remember how awesome it was to get the PET report back when only the three tumors were there...we're praying for more good news like that was. I'll never forget that day...being in Safeway and getting your text while I was in the freezer section...what a great text!!!!! We are waiting for more great news to come!

    Sending a humoooooongous hug ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear is natural. Ever since I was sliced and diced I get "White Coat Syndrome" any time I go near a doctor's office. I went in for my physical at work a month or so ago, about as benign an experience as you can have in a clinic, and by the time I left I was soaked in sweat--they had trouble running an EKG because the pads wouldn't stick to my sweat-slicked chest (get your mind out of the gutter, Curro, you're married remember).

    Look back, Cindy, at all you have come through--they've ripped out your intestines, pumped you full of poison and radioactive beads, burned and scarred you, but you are still vertical! It wasn't long ago that most of your liver was buried in cancer, so your body has taken on hell of a beating.

    It's easy to be an armchair quarterback, but my advice is to take each moment one at a time, watch a leaf fall, marvel at a spiderweb, hug your kids, husband, and sisters (twin's coming soon), and you'll get through this shit.

    It'll make one hell of a story to tell your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sis!!! After hearing about the miricle of your burn healing in just a week it has to be a sign of more good news to come! I've been praying incessanty for you!! I know.... big word huh? :) I know it's working.

    Luv you and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been where you are...I will pray...and then we can go roller blading..:)

    ReplyDelete