Thursday, September 23, 2010

meeting with kortz.....

This is going to be the hardest blog ever to write. We have been delivered a severe blow and continue to real from it the evening. I am assuming the fact that the kids are here, that is why we can hold it together at this point.
My sister and I went to see Dr. Kortz. The news was not good. At this point the tumors are growing fingers with in the portal vein and hepatic artery....especially on the exit end. This renders the possibility of a surgery null and void. It will never happen. Interesting how Dr. Kortz kept saying that there are so many other great cards to play. I conveniently reminded him he was the Ace.
We are very, very scared at this point. Relying on God and each other to stay strong. Kortz recommended going back to Sir Spheres along with chemotherapy. I am afraid Nutting won't touch me with a ten foot pole after the burn episode. I hope I am wrong.
I am now very worried that the lymph nodes are active cancer and I WANT THEM OUT! Not all that attached to them....really. Good news is, when I do start chemo, my fevers should go away and I will have more energy on the alternate weeks of chemo. This will give me precious time with my girls, husband and friends.
Don't worry, I have not given up yet! This is just a very tall hurdle that I plan to crawl under to get to what needs to be done.

6 comments:

  1. What a blessing Women of Faith will be this weekend. You will have the power of so many women praying for you!
    I am not sure what this YET thing is all about. I know you are strong and you will not give up. That simply is not an option :) Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and miss you! If I were there, I'd give you a big hug! Sarah would love to see you, too! She was just talking about you yesterday -- ironically, while we were at the hospital! (She fell out of the second floor window and miraculously is fine!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said, I am crawling under that hurdle with you! I am sad for you and with you, but also with you as you head towards plan B. See you soon!

    XO Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I like about you, Cyn, you get bad news and all you think about is playing Limbo (actually, I think that crawling is illegal in Limbo, but I won't quibble).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia....I will be praying...God can do anything as you know...the bigger the hurdle, the bigger the miracle..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cyn, remember that no doctor in GR would do my mom's surgery either. That's why she went to detroit to have the stint put in. Maybe another doctor would have a different opinion. It wouldn't hurt to ask. But if no surgery for sure, then the spheres + chemo will do it! The chemo got them so small from where they were! You are strong--you can do this!!! I just wish I could take away your fear and pain. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete