Thursday, October 21, 2010

chemo week

I find it difficult to believe I just received the same chemo I received two weeks ago. I had some nausea, but not nearly as bad, and I tossed chunks only three times. I had to go into Rocky Mountain for a neulastin shot on Wednesday because my white count was 3. Still slightly nauseated and running a temperature of 100.4, they kept me for an hour for hydration and anti nausea goods. My temperature so kindly dropped with the first 500cc's of hydration saving me from a whole battery of tests. After the last 500cc's, I felt better so my port was deactivated and I was sent home. My biggest issue at this point is the insomnia that creeps in around 3am every morning and the leg/hip pain that seems to be the perpetuating factor. That is why I am blogging at four. It gets to the point that I have to get out of bed and move around.
My oldest daughter came home from school yesterday and informed me that there are 7 families at Powderhorn dealing with the evil C word. They are selling paper ribbons for a dollar that the student can buy and then color the appropriate color according to type of cancer. She took five dollars to buy a recorder and chose to use it for the ribbons instead. From what she told me, one of the families has lost the battle and the proceeds will go to them. My heart aches that someone is suffering through the loss of a loved one. On a personal level, my heart breaks seeing my ten year old understands this possibility. I am extremely proud to see her realize that her five dollars can go for something purposeful. What a kid! Saige, on the other hand, is still in her lovely world of where pretty pink ponies eat purple butterflies and poop out rainbows.....exactly where I want to keep her for now!

1 comment:

  1. You are supposed to be sleeping...you crazy girl!

    Nice...chemo has not taken it's horrific effects on you!

    Nice...Sierra's ribbon purchase shows her kind heart and spirit!

    Nice...Saige is in the land with ponies pooping rainbows! Great place to be I bet!

    Go to bed! Sara ;)

    ReplyDelete