Friday, October 8, 2010

Yup! Still here!

I haven't felt much like blogging for the past few days. If I did, it would have gone much like this: type, barf, sleep, type, barf, sleep, type barf, sleep. And what if I fell asleep on my computer and my hair caught fire? Or what if I barfed on the computer, then fell asleep on it. And then it would surely short out, catch my hair on fire, ultimately burning down the house. So, out of concern and safety for my family and surrounding neighbors, I held off.
Anyway, I am doing better today. I started chemo on Monday. Most of the concoction that is being use is similar as the other before except for one swap. I traded out the Oxoliplatin and traded in Irinotecan. If either one of those are spelled correctly, it is miraculous. I was serious vomitis and icky on Tuesday. Wednesday seemed better but I was still very tired and slept most of the day. Thursday I attempted a trip out to Walmart. This did not go well, made it back to the pharmacy, sat on the benches (giving my mom some time to shop) and then we HAD to go. Today I feel a lot better but still carrying a lot of nausea. Movement, head turning and car rides make me crazy nauseous. Mom is here scooping up the piles of barf. Everybody say Hi! She is waving right now from her position on the floor! God bless her!
Next chemo session is on the 18th and then two more after that we will have a CT done to see if anything has gone amiss. Sorry litle @#$%#$%^.....but ya just gotta go! Love you all

5 comments:

  1. Now I know why I have had you on my mind almost 24/7 this week. I have been praying for you every second you pop into my head. Prayers Lord for a special healing and mercy on Cynthia and her family. Thank you Lord for her mother who is such a blessing to her and her family. Please alleviate the pain and nausea this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sense of humor-laughter is the best medicine :) We are keeping you all in our prayers that they get it this time. Mike came back with many beautiful photos of everyone; wish we could've come too. Much love, prayers and positive thoughts going your way! Love Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Would you like an aftair-deenair meent? It is wafer-theen."

    Poor Cindy, doing her Mr. Creosote impression: "Bring me another bucket!!"

    Now you got me all paranoid that my hair is going to spontaneously combust if I fall asleep on my keyboard--pretty much a daily occurrence here at work! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when your mom leaves you can call me....I am a really good vomit scooper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You amaze me...and you make me chuckle even in the midst of this crazy, nonsensicle, rediculous medical nightmare.
    We miss you and can't wait to see your beautiful self.

    XO ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete