Saturday, October 2, 2010

next plan

It has been difficult to actually blog the information I received. Part of me expected it, another part was hoping for better news. My CEA's, which are my tumor markers, have nearly doubled and they believe my cancer is spreading and growing. At first, my doctor wanted to wait for three months to see what would happen with the lymph nodes and the tumor. After picking my jaw up off of the floor, he changed his tune and we are starting chemo on Monday. We will be doing chemo every other week and then a CT in 8 weeks to see if it working. Technically, we are starting at square one but only with one tumor. So, I feel good about this. I ask that you continue to keep me in your prayers. This is going to be a long hull but we will get through it.

5 comments:

  1. Hey You-

    Just took time to catch up on your last 2 enteries-I didn't want to ask you details in front of the girls before we left. Wanted to let you know we are loving you and your family continuously in our prayers and will continue to pray religiously for your recovery with chemo and your health.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you will get through this and there are so many of us that will help in any way we can!

    See you soon ~ XO ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will just continue to love all over you and pray for Gods relentless grace to fall all over you and your family and friends. God is soo good all the time and through it all just keep your eyes on the prize, your relationship with Jesus Christ our LORD and SAVIOR, who without we are dust! You are amazing! Keep fighting like the Mahamad Ali-Your the knock out girl no matter how many rounds you have to go. Remember at all times that God has a plan and it is perfect. I Love my Girl Cinny and the seeds are planted at the Bighorn/Steele compound!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to do fine, Cindy. Just put on your "'Oh' face."

    Chem-ohh! Ohh! OHh! OHH!! Yes! Yes!

    I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

    (If you've never seen "Office Space" none of the above will make any sense, but I'm used to people looking at me with that expression you're wearing right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending love and prayer from Thornton (Cynthia I am starting a prayer chain for you) I know God is great and he will always keep safe.

    ReplyDelete