Friday, June 4, 2010

bad chemo, bad chemo

Apparently a new fancy drug came our.......according to the last string of comments! I am going for it......it's gotta be good stuff, right? I went in today, mostly to get my neulastan shot. My neutrophils were 0.80 and my white count was 2.6. Also, I needed some major hydration and some anti-nausea medicine. Not holding much down these days.....
New plan of action: I should have chemo on the 16th assuming all blood work comes back ok and then next PET scan is going to be 2 weeks from that. Then I will be referred out to a surgeon or an interventional radiologist for a form of radiation treatment. seems to change everytime I blog.
BTW, MRI came back negative for anything worrisome. Praise Jusus for that. Everytime I nod, I get zingers down the fron of my legs and my back has been acting up....but no tumers! Love goes out to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Surgeon, interventional radiologist, BTW, MRI, PET, white count, neutraphils...you have been educating all of us. As long as this new plan gets you back to healthy you faster...and a few prayers added in.

    Love you ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cynthia ~ In looking things up, the neutrophil count is pretty good (am I right?) and the WBC are a bit low so you have to steer clear of sick people. Are they changing the chemo because the WBC count is low, or is this a new and "gonna get the cancer" drug?

    I am glad it is summer so you and everyone can be outside instead of couped up with bacteria and viruses.

    Thanks for keeping us posted.

    XOXO ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete