Monday, June 14, 2010

rain, rain go away!

It's raining again.....I hate the rain and I hate the cold even more. This rain and cold makes my fingers hurt, my feet numb and just plain sucks the life out of me. I am so tired......all the time. I am praying for one good, sunny, warm day before I am knocked on my $#@ from chemo. There is one good thing coming from this rain. My grass and flowers look the best they have in......well, ever!
Things have not changed from my last post. Plan on chemo on Wednesday and PET scan 2 weeks from there. Then 4-6 weeks off before next treatment. I have to say, I am very nervous for that time off. i guess I am afraid my tumors will grow without treatment or more will develop. Pray that doesn't happen.
My kids started VBS today. Amazing to watch those little ones worship with crazy love! Warmed my heart. Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. You are right..."rain rain go away" because we do not feel like, "singing in the rain"! Hopefully this cold spell will go away for you! I am glad the girls like VBS...I love the CDs and singing to them all summer!

    Chin up...sunny day to come!

    XXX ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to come over to Indy!!!! It's frickin HOT here!!! and it's about 99% humidity when it's not raining:) Your skin will love it! No moisturizer needed here.

    Luv ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should all come live in TX--mike and lillian too. That way we can all be warm and take good care of each other. It's 11:00 pm and 82 degrees. Christa, sorry I haven't returned your call-- crazy things going on -- I will call tomorrow to fill you in.

    Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain, rain, go away.
    My tumors are shrinking, and I want to play.
    Should the sun shine
    Then I'll be just fine
    With a walk in the rocks
    And the smell of the pine.
    Then when I'm lying there,
    Chemo bag o'er my chair,
    I can escape in those visions so fair.

    Horrible poetry, I admit, but the sentiment is there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually respond...but, come on!?? A poem written for me? Way too cute. I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete