Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quick updates

I have to say, some of your responses are pretty dang funny. Every day is a good day when you can laugh!
This morning I met with my genetic counselor and had more genetic testing done. She will call with results. Seems like I am spending a lot of time waiting for results lately......but to be honest with you, the wait is ok. I am just trying to enjoy some summer activities with the family and that is all I can ask for.
Yesterday I took the kids to Mount Evens. It was a regular zoo up there! Saw a heard of elk, mountain goats, big horn sheep and plenty of marmots. Unfortunately Saige suffered from altitude sickness and barfed several times and the wind was too cold for me to climb to the top. My nose went numb and my fingers were acting up regardless of the beautiful weather.
Pray for next week.....lots going on and many plans to be made!

3 comments:

  1. Brrr - Mount Evans sounds cold. Stay low ~ stay warm! It is beautiful up near/on the top!

    We are all waiting for the good news the final plans to recovery!

    Chat soon ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!!! I found a great joke for you and John.

    Communication Technician at the firing range.

    A communication technician drafted by the army was at a firing range. At the range, he was given some instruction, a rifle and 50 rounds. He fired several shots at the target. The report came from the target area that all attempts had completely missed the target.

    The technician looked at his weapon, and then at the target. He looked at the weapon again, and then at the target again. He then put his finger over the end of the rifle barrel and squeezed the trigger with his other hand. The end of his finger was blown off, whereupon he yelled toward the target area: "It's leaving here just fine, the trouble must be at your end!" HAHAHA!!!!

    Here are a few short jokes....enjoy:)

    What do Eskimos get from sitting on the ice too long?

    Polaroids.

    What do you call a boomerang that doesn't work?

    A stick.

    What's the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer?

    The taste.

    Where do you get virgin wool from?

    Ugly sheep.

    What do you call four bull fighters in quicksand?

    Quatro sinko.

    Last one for today...LUV YA!!!

    It's about a Helpful Wife

    A man and his wife were traveling down the highway when they saw the lights of a patrol car behind them. When they pulled over, the patrol man came up to the window and said, "I am going to give you two tickets. One because you were speeding and one because you didn't have your seat belt fastened."

    The man said, "I did too have my seat belt fastened. I just loosened it when you came up to the car. The Patrol Man said to the man's wife, "I know he didn't have his seatbelt fastened. Isn't that right, lady?"

    She replied, "Well, officer. I learned a long time ago not to argue with my husband when he's drunk."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny- Keep um laughing. It's the best healing power on earth. Love to all, thank again for all your friends that are there when we can't be. There is so much healing power of friends and prayer around you that the cancer just has to go000000 away. Power of positive thinking!
    Love to all, Mom and Rich

    ReplyDelete