Saturday, June 19, 2010

Remain confident.....hummff!




It was a nice day, but I am still struggling with nausea and hand pain. I am quickly growing tired of both.......I have spent a great deal of the day reflecting on life. It is strange to not know exactly what is to come. Kinda sad really. I have come up with many ideas, although I can't seem to wrap my brain around the fact that chemo is done. At least one of my tumors still lives with in me, so why do we stop chemo now? Has it stopped working....do they believe they can't do anything more for me? What is the next step? This has played some funky games with my psyche! I am truly afraid to meet these other doctors. Will I be meet with the same eyes of hope? John says that I need to remain confident and strong and we will get through this. Remain confident and strong? I feel as though the true core of my confidence went out the window at 10:45am Black Friday. Ever since then, my will and confidence has been directly carried by God and You. I thank you for that. Keep praying....I need it more now than ever! Oh! I am going to post a picture of the dunes: one of the hike to the top and then the sun set over them from our camper.








5 comments:

  1. Hello My Friend ~

    I can only imagine the things that run thru your mind. Not only is this cancer physically exhausting for you, but psychologically and mentally trying as well. Your spirits have been amazing thru all of this...I have admired you every step of the way.

    I see the end of chemo as a good thing and now onto the next step of recovery. The last obnoxious tumor will be taken out by the expert hands of Dr. Kortz...slam dunk...on to the R&R from surgery. You will be singing in the snow and sticking your hands in the refrigerator with a vengeance and feeling great. So rest now and get ready for the final stages of "your road to recovery and life without cancer".

    You have so many prayers being said for you (I am sure He is listening) and a huge abundance of love and support behind you!

    Thanks for sharing the sand dune photos...both are perfect.

    (You)...hugging you ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the docs felt like there was not more they could could do, the chemo would continue. They are stopping the chemo because they CAN be successful doing the surgery and radiation! If those two things were not going to work, they would be sticking with the chemo because it has worked. Now your tumor is to the point that the other options can work. You are entering the next phase of recovery. If you were not going to recover, the docs would keep you on the chemo. They knew my mom would never recover--there was no other option for her. So that is why she stayed on chemo until the end. Your chemo did its job--now they can finish off the tumors with surgery and radiation. Since there is no cancer anywhere else, you are in the last stages to RECOVERY!!!!!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, no more chemo!! Welcome the next stage in your journey as we continue to pray for you. Your docs are going to get rid of that last pesky tumor and you can move forward to your recovery! You have been such a strong warrior! I can see God working in you and through you.

    I admire you so much for your strength and courage. Thank you so much for sharing yourself and your journey. Soon we will celebrate your victory!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being done with chemo is definitely a good thing! Now your body can regain some strength and get ready for the doctors to take out that last stubborn tumor and you will be on your way to a cancer free life. God has many plans for you - things to do, people to see, places to go! Your amazing faith will get you through this, and you have MANY people praying for you every day.

    Love you lots,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey chickie!!! Cheer up...I just bought a plane ticket to come out for a little visit:) July 16-20 so get ready to put on some of that wt you lost cuz sista we are going out for some fried chicken. And of course we will do some hiking between out eating binges!!!

    luv Christa

    ReplyDelete