Monday, November 8, 2010

Good times!

Our family disapeared off the grid....just for a few days, but it was exactly what we needed! A friend of mine offered her beautiful cabin in Fairplay for the weekend and others set up meals to make the trip easy and relaxing. In three days and two nights I learned the new meaning of lazy! It was awesome! We went up there and ate lots of food, sat by the fire at night, slept in in the mornings, enjoyed the hot tub and did a bit of exploring of the area. The weather was amazing! I spent plenty of time sitting on the deck enjoying the quietness of the place. Careful......we might move in permanently! The girls certainly did not want to come home.....don't blame them really.
Today......back to reality. Paying bills, doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen. Fun, fun! Oh well! Anything is better than chemo, right? Oh yah!
I can honestly say I am afraid of this week. It is actually going to be cold and snowy, yikes! When we were in Fairplay, we drove to the top of the pass between Alma and Breckenridge and then took a four wheel road up higher just so the girls could play in the snow. While the sun felt incredible up there, the snow under my feet caused an enormous amount of pain. Wow! Huge reality check of how the cold will effect my neuropathy. Well, out comes the snow boots and wool socks! Don't be laughing at me when you see me out on a cold, non snowy day wearing winter boots and snow pants! I may have to karate chop you in your liver......or something like that! Because my CEA's went up last week, we are looking into other treatments. I will be scanned after my next chemo session. Whether it is a PET scan or a CT scan, we're still duking that one out. I am pushing for a PET so pray for that. I have also brought Proton therapy and cyberknife to the attention of my oncologist. Cyberknife I can do here but the Proton therapy I will have to be away from my family for 5-7 weeks. Whatever works, right? Keep us in your prayers for wisdom and guidance. God bless you all!

3 comments:

  1. Do they do Proton therapy in Indianapolis? I hope so!!! If not maybe I should go with you? Where ever it is I'll pray it's warm!!! Maybe Hawaii!!! Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so wonderful to have such great friends to allow you all to have such a memorable time together. what is cyberknife? hope your proton therapy could be done here at u of m or chicago then the kids and jon could come here and visit you and me too. if it's warm I want to go too!! I still suggest needlepuncture for your pain for you neuropathy. it might work like the heating pads(HA) love you all
    '

    ReplyDelete
  3. albuquerque, new mexico has a treatment center
    how far is that that family could travel on weekend?

    ReplyDelete