Thursday, November 4, 2010

quite the rollar coaster

Another round of chemo completed. Yay for that! It wasn't too, too bad. Really.....I went in Wednesday for extra fluids and anti nausea meds and found that my blood pressure was only 80/42 and my temperature was 101.4. Can we say shoot?!!! After my hydration therapy my blood pressure came up nicely but my temperature stayed the same. We are all in agreement that they are tumor related. This does not make me to happy. I have some good news though! My liver enzymes are holding strong, so my liver seems to remain semi healthy. More bad news though. I lost 4 pounds this last two weeks. Must have shed them with all those crazy night sweats (menopause already?) and fevers I've been having......who knows. I sure am eating well. I think so anyway. I went for a cheeseburger at Mc Donalds and am probably the only one ever in the history of man kind to count the calories, fat and protein to make sure I get enough! Good news, I feel great! I am actually very surprised by this. My energy level is up and I am sleeping a bit better. More bad news though. My CEA's (tumor markers) went up this week from 85 to 105. This is very disheartening and makes me question the effectiveness of the chemo I am receiving at this point. I just found this out today and am just trying to remain positive. It's only a stupid number....right!? I am not a number!! Good news, the four of us have been given a great gift of a minnie vacation in Fairplay. This is needed so much. The stress of sitting around here and wondering whats next is pretty thick. So, we are going to take this time and come together as a family and just enjoy ourselves. Prayers needed for guidance, wisdom and strength. Both for the doctors and myself. Love out to you all!

3 comments:

  1. Hey ~ That was a loaded blog spot..lots of info...some good and some not preferred. I am going to stick with the fun mini vacation for the four of you...very perfect! Would love to have you here again...anytime (especially New Years). XOXOXOXOXOOOOOOO ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you as you climb this mountain. nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia,
    You are quite a gal! I really enjoyed my stay with the family out in God's Country last week----the elk was icing on the cake. Its the only home --ever--that I felt "at home". Thanks for the great time!---Yo Pappa-in-Law

    ReplyDelete