Monday, November 22, 2010

PET scan

Went for my PET scan this morning. Well, more like afternoon. I walked into Rocky Mountain cancer center and nearly ran into a table full of yummy looking cookies. Cookies? On PET scan day? I hollered across the lobby to Christine, the receptionist/scheduler, that I found nothing funny about those cookies greeting me! I have not eaten anything since the night before and I was starving! I was begging for my barium just to get something on my tummy. She laughed......I really enjoyed my PET scan. Drank my barium with pleasure, port access simple as can be and then pumped full of nuclear med which made me feel really warm and fuzzy!
So, now it is done and all I can think about is all the food I am going to eat this week. I love Thanksgiving! I love having my house full of loved ones, eating good food, enjoying each others company, playing games (that I intend to win). This is the start of my favorite time of year! Oh! And not to brag, but I don't have to worry about putting on the extra holiday weight. Infact, I will welcome them! The pro's of having cancer. Hee, hee!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi ~ I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend! Did you win all of the games...hopeully letting Saige and Sierra at least win one ;)! How was that turkey...did you add a few pounds like most of America?

    I am sure you enjoyed your house full of family!

    Let's chat before Monday!

    XO ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete