Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Love that chemo!

I am sitting here counting down the beeps on my pump till it squawks at me. As soon as I can disconnect this dumb thing I can get a quick shower the go for fluids, neulastin and get something more for my nausea. My mouth tastes....gross. My nausea is....there and the other end is not happy either. I love the in's and out's of my life (body).
Had a long talk with Dr. Jotte about the other treatments I suggested earlier. He was extremely open to the ideas but had some of his own as well. Unfortunately, none of them can be done till we get my systemic micro cancer cells back under control. That is why we are doing chemo now then targeted treatment later. On Monday I go in for my PET scan and then the Monday after Thanksgiving I will receive results and plan of action that is appropriate. He has already talked to Dr. Nutting about doing portal vein embolization and is wanting to do cyberknife second generation. He made a great point of not rushing ahead of ourselves with desperate decisions. That is where cancer patients can get into trouble. I get that!
I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving with family. My sister flies in on Friday and is staying till Tuesday and my brother and his family will be here Monday till the weekend. We are planning a huge feast as usual and I plan on eating all of it! John is smoking the turkey which is my favorite way to have it cooked. Black Friday I am hoping we can work on Christmas decorations. I have always disliked Black Friday, but now I absolutely hate it with a passion. That is the day I was diagnosed.....not a whole lot of good memories for that day. To be honest with you, I don't remember much after 10;45 am that morning. The only memory I have is of the doctor telling me and then staying up till 1:00 am to drink that nasty Golytely. Yuck! Pray for strength for me and my family as we scoot through this really dumb day. I do have to say this! I am so blessed to get another holiday season to spend with my family. I am blessed that I am still alive and I am blessed to have so many people love me. You do love me, right? Regardless, I love you all.

2 comments:

  1. EVERYDAY IS A GREAT DAY TO SPEND WITH THOSE YOU LOVE EVEN BLACK FRIDAY. WE TAKE SO MUCH FOR GRANTED IN OUR LIVES UNTIL SOMETHING MAKES US WAKE UP TO THE FACT THAT ANY DAY COULD BE OUR LAST . EVERY DAY OR MINUTE TO LOVE AND BE LOVED ARE THE MOMENTS THAT NO ONE CAN TAKE AWAY FROM US. GOD BLESS OUR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND ALL THOSE WE COME IN CONTACT WITH FOR I KNOW THAT WE CAN NOT DO WITHOUT THEM. THANK YOU ALL LOVE AND KISSES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Cynthia ~ Your Black Friday last year gave a whole new meaning to Black Friday for many of us. Can you believe it has been a year? You have handled this year of challenges so amazingly well. You have faced everything straight on and have powered your way through each one of those challenges...doing this all with grace and wit.

    I am glad your chemo is shut off for the week and you got to take that ever so appreciated shower. Hopefully the post chemo meds have made you feel better at both ends of your body.

    Enjoy your family this Thanksgiving. I know when I count my blessing and what I am thankful for...you are on my list.

    Stay warm in this snow...your skinny little self must be bundled up. Go eat!

    XO ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete