Monday, November 29, 2010

PET scan results

First, and most importantly, I had by far the best Thanksgiving ever!!!!All my siblings were together for a holiday dinner for the first time in over twenty years! Can you believe that?! We cooked mega amounts of food, ate till we puked and then ate some more. We played games, hung out, put the kids to bed and then watched a late movie. It was so nice having everyone here, I wish we could all do it again........Christa came in on Friday and stayed till Friday and Mike, Lilian and Niels came in on Tuesday and stayed till Saturday. For having such a small house and smaller water heater, it went smooth as silk! I am the most blessed and love girl in the whole world!
I suppose we need to get to the inevitable......my PET scan. I am not sure I am much of a fan of Pet scans anymore. Look at it this way. If you had a choice of seeing the world through only your eyes or seeing it through only what's in your heart.......what would you choose? I have to say I like how my heart sees the world and I would stick with that! In that world I was doing well. In that world I was healing and the one tumor in my liver became a pet that just needed to be tamed. In that world I am feeling stronger everyday and was considering going back to the gym more. In that world my friends, loved ones, family saw me and my heart.....not my cancer. My PET scan obviously does not understand my desire to stay in that world. PET scans only have eyes.......no heart. This heartless scanner saw my liver tumor and said, "Whoa! That thing is growing like a weed! How amazing that it can grow three extra centimeters in just a matter of weeks? What ya feeding that kid?" And then his eyes got REALLY big and he said, "Looky there! That thing is reproducing! Look at all five of them, aren't they just adorable? Good thing they are building a new home for all those little rug rats! And just think, the lung is a more up scale community anyway! Lucky dogs!" I know.....sick humor. Fine then! Pray for my twisted sense of humor and throw in an extra one for a miracle. Love you all!

11 comments:

  1. Oh how I love your humor! I really admire the way you deal with all this. Those obnoxious tenants can not take that away from you!! You are so strong...you are just amazing, period. as always praying for you and your family.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH...I am not a huge fan of the heartless PET scan world. I am very in favor of your world, because you are doing so much better in that world. You do feel stronger and your world is full of people who love you!

    Soooooo, now plan C...get the lung critters out and then back to that @&*^ liver and shrink that baby.

    I am so glad you were all together at Thanksgiving..."that's what it's all about"...did you do the Hockey Pokey!

    See you soon :-) ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Thanksgiving was so much fun and I'm glad we all were able to visit. We have a fighting chance and I'm praying for all the time we are able to spend together. My family means alot to me; I'm praying and staying positive and I'll be here for you forever.

    Love
    Mike, Lily and Niels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuk - I'm sorry the news was not better. Gonna continue to pray for that miracle sister! As for your sense of humor, it's amazing - don't lose it! Love ya, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!! I'm sorry for the crummy news though...I'm praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you!! You are not allowed to post that kind of news on Josefs 16th birthday, K! ;) I love you and always praying for you my dear friend! Love you muches xoxoxoxo Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love your sense of humor. Actually, I love all of you, with my heart and my eyes. I just now figured out how to comment (duh!), but I think of you often and pray for you always. -Allison

    PS - So happy to see you at the football game!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Colon, and liver, and lungs, oh, my! Colon, and liver, and lungs, oh, my!" After perusing the web a bit I discovered a website that you might be interested in: http://www.zazzle.com/fuck+cancer+gifts
    Sorry for the F-bomb in the address, but I don't know how to embed a link without the address showing here. Anyway, I figured out your strategy--this website has shirts for all the major cancers (who gets to pick the representative colors for each anyway?), and I realized you're just trying to collect the whole set!

    Stop being such a damn overachiever, Cin. You're hogging all the tumors! Hell, you should get a medal for that alone--somewhere in deepest Boodieackysackyville some kid woke up without a tumor because of . . . Cindy Curro, the Tumor Grinch!

    Maybe if you cough as much as I have been lately (a bit sick here in paradise, I'm afraid) you can dislodge them without any further ado.

    ReplyDelete
  9. praying,loving ya and praying more-always. Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone,

    I found a website that may be useful to Cyn and the family. http://www.takethemameal.com/

    I can't organize it from Texas, but maybe her friends in Co. can get it started.

    Cyn, you know my phone number. If you need me to listen, if you need me to come, if you need me for anything. Call me. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are amazing and such a huge inspiration to all! I pray for you everyday and am thinking of you all of the time. I can't tell you enough how wonderful you are and how you put a smile on the face of all you are around. Kacey Heinrich

    ReplyDelete