Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Brain cell count is DOWN!

So, I am 6 days out from my treatment and I am experiencing lengthier side effects this time. If it is sunny out, my hands don't hurt nearly as much(as long as I am sitting in it and it is not windy...), but if there is even an inkling of cloud cover, I have to wear my mittens. I am beginning to wonder if this is a psychological issue and I am just jonesen for summer as much as everyone else. I don't know, but I do know one thing for sure, I am suffering from chemo-brain. You can tell me something at noon and by dinner I forget! It is driving me crazy! I know I have a lot on my mind, but.....for crying out loud I am really delayed. This is an actual phenomenon! There are books out there that tell me I am going to be stupid for the rest of my life! I think I need to go back to school to rev up my neurons. I appreciate the fact that many of you are still attempting to have conversations with me and I am sorry I am soooooo very slow and forgetful! It makes for a great giggle now and then!
If you remember correctly, I mentioned that my platelets were very low at 63 and are probably lower today with my chemo peak. I am finding little surprises all up and down my legs called bruises. I know......very technical. My gums are bleeding every time I brush my teeth.....delicious! And my nose.....OK, we don't have to go there. Regardless of all this, I feel strong and positive. My next chemo session is on the 2nd of June and then the 16th. My PET scan should be about that time as well. Super Doc said he plans on referring me out at that time to the next Super Doc and we will begin our next plan of attack. Keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment