Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happpy Mothers day!

There is always that nagging thought in the back of my measly brain wondering if I am going to be around for the next....in this case, Mothers Day. It makes for an interesting day. I am finding myself taking in everything around me. Watching how others interact, smile, laugh. Watching other mommies hugging their children was especially special to me, and how they looked up at their mommies with toothless grins and pride. What more can one ask for? I, personally, have been blessed with wonderful girls. I am so proud of their accomplishment it can bring me to tears. I truly believe that being a Mom is the best thing in the world!

On this day I am in need for prayer for my own mother. Pray for strength for what she is enduring. She is not only dealing with the uncertainty of a daughter and her cancer, but recently has been delivered yet another blow. Her wonderful husband and friend has been diagnosed with lung and throat cancer. They are now beginning their own battle at home. Upon hearing this news I have come to the realization that it may actually be harder on the loved ones around. I have to say, I found more sadness in knowing what they are about to go through than the reality of what I am dealing with. Please pray for healing....for both of them.

2 comments:

  1. Cancer fricking SUCKS!!!! The hardest part is being so far away from each other. Mom and Rich in MI, Mike in CA, Cindy and Anna in CO, me here in IN, cousins in TX, FL & OR. It's never bothered me until these past 6 months. Now I wish we all lived closer together.....so let's pick a state and all move there!!!! I miss everyone soooo much.

    Sending all my love and prayers.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why am I guessing that Indiana won't be that state? ;)
    I'll tip a brew to Rich and the rest of your crew. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete