Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Phase one complete

Phase one of Sir-spheres is complete! It went so well and I have received the green light to go ahead on Thursday. Today Dr. Nutting placed a catheter, under conscious sedation, into my artery in my groin. Then threaded it up to my liver to shoot some dye into it. This made it easy for him to map out my arteries and veins for Thursday. He also found some shunting to my stomach, therefore, placed coils to close that artery. This is to keep the beads in my liver and not hanging out wreaking havoc on my stomach. The entire staff was amazing! I can't believe how smooth everything went!
I was then recovered and sent home with no problems. I laughed when they said I needed to remain on bed rest for the rest of the day(with bathroom privileges). How could this be? I have stuff to do and I feel great! I came home, ate some lunch soon to realize I couldn't keep my eyes open. I crashed and burned for a couple of hours and woke with some soreness. I guess doctor knows best........

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cindy....here is your new theme song!!!!

    Beat this Pat:)

    http://www.80svideos.tv/play.php?vid=1079

    Luv ya and I'll see you Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete