Monday, December 6, 2010

whats with the zits?

I have to say, I was having the best weekend ever! Honestly, I was having a great week. I didn't feel bad from my new chemo at all. I was even seeing some relief from the last symptoms, and let me tell you, those were getting really ugly! There are certain things you just don't blog.....so I will save you from the dirty details. Friday, hung with the family and watched a Christmas movie and then hopped in the car to go see lights. Some people are so creative! Saturday morning I went to a ladies Christmas brunch and enjoyed really great company and excellent food. Afterward, I went power Christmas shopping for the family with some girls from work. They were true experts in this arena. I am like a lost little puppy in a mall. These girls showed me how it was really done! Granted, I allowed them to push me around in a wheel chair. I think they were worried they would wear me out.......ha! I was worn out all right! I am so blessed by so many angels. I know I've said this before, but my heart has been forever touched and warmed by the generosity, friendship and love I have experienced. Sunday, I got up and went to breakfast with a friend and then off to church. After church I could hardly wait to get home. I hit a huge brick wall. The fatigue that set in was indescribable. We got home and I told the girls I needed some quiet time to nap. Then another angel showed up at my door. A friend from church noticed how tired I was and came by to take the girls so I could nap......oh, thank you, thank you. I hit my pillow and was out....like a light. John came home at three and woke me up. Holy cow! I have never slept for hours in the middle of the day like that! Guess what I woke up with? A really awesome rash! I officially have the worst case of teenage acne all over my face, neck, back and chest. Oh the days.......to be young again. Lets face it. I am vain. This really rocked my world. I have this redness along with fifty whiteheads on my face......that I can't do anything with. What did my sister say? Roll over in bed and pop, pop, pop! I can't pop them, scrape them or cover them with make up. So, instead, I bought some antler ears. They are awesome....with bells on them. Maybe it will distract you all from looking at my face.......we can only hope. It has only gotten worse with time and now it itches....grrr. I have to say, the chemo must be working if it is wreaking such havoc on my skin....right? Point to ponder.....

3 comments:

  1. I'm still waiting for a pic. ;) With reindeer antlers to distract me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey beautiful lady---thats ok--a few pimples make people think you are younger--you'll probably start getting carded again too! Thinking about you and those darling girls! (btw Sam had a red bump on his nose and did not appreciate the Rudolph comparisons I made to try and lighten the situation--aaah preteens!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried soaking in oatmeal? Neutrogena has an oatmeal soak we've used for hives and sunburns. It offers relief from itchyness.

    ReplyDelete