Wednesday, December 8, 2010

They have taken over...

Oh....my....gosh! This rash (that is what they call it) is getting worse everytime I wake up! What do I call it? Seriously the worst case of acne....ever. It itches and burnes everywhere the acne is. I just want to scratch it but I was told to leave it alone. I called the doctors office and told them about the 300 zits on my face and the thousands elsewhere and asked them if this was normal. My skin is on FIRE! My nurse said yes and you have to do MASH. MASH? Moisturize, antibiotics, sunscreen, hydrocortizone. Ok.....Today would be my third day of doing the MASH. It is not working AT ALL!
Ok, I am done ranting....for today anyway. Just know that I am not contagious. ;>) On the positive note (there always needs to be one of those, right?) they have seen this raaaash in many patients, it goes away onces you stop the chemtherapy, and the people that react to vecibix in this way generally are responding well to the treatment. Meaning that a few (thousand) zits are a small price to pay for a therapy that may be destroying my tumors. Ahhhh. I'm good now. So, I will put my chapstick and mascara on and go out with a smile! It's a good thing you all loved me before I became a puss pocket! A good friend of mine suggested I should throw back to the 80's and just enjoy my youth. Spin the bottle, leg warmers, big hair.......maybe I will!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear the rash has taken over-But glad to hear there's an upside to it! Have you tried soaking in the tub with oatmeal? Neutragena sells an oatmeal soak that we've used for hives and sunburns- it usually helps with the itchyness. Keep up your wonderful humor about it all!

    ReplyDelete