Thursday, March 25, 2010

A grrr moment....

Yesterday I was in such a funk I chose not to blog. I didn't have anything good to say....can you believe that? John says I have a right to be grumpy, irritable and sad atleast one day out of the month......and I haven't even utilized those! I don't agree with him. There have been many nights I have kept him up till 3 or 4 with my worries. They should count for something......John had a stomach bug causing the works including the temperature and it set me into a complete tizzy. It is not like he went out to a public place and said, " Ok now, someone needs to barf all over me so I can get sick and bring it home to my wife." The truth of it all is it scared me to death! My white count was sitting at a 3 on Friday and I am now hitting my Nader point in my chemo which causes that to drop more. So, if I caught a stomach flu at this point it would put me in the hospital. Now we all know how much I love staying in the hospital.....especially over spring breaks and holidays. I didn't want to make this a habit, ya know? The germx came out, mask and gloves went on, and Lysol came out. John kindly stayed in one room of the house using only one restroom in attempt to make the rest of the house safe for me. And I started to clean. Interesting how much I get done when I am not happy about something.....it's therapeutic. John is off to work today and feeling much better and I am calmer. What more can I ask for? Oh! I know! A weekend away with the family? If everything goes smooth, we are going to Moab for 2 nights to enjoy the sun and do alittle hiking. I can't wait! I need a break from this cancer and this is just the thing. Don't worry....I'll be back for chemo on Wednesday.......if you're lucky! ;)

2 comments:

  1. John is not allowed to be sick...what's up with that? I am glad you steered clear of his bugs! Always thinking of you ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia...my goodness..What else could there be this week? I was praying for you today to have that peace that passes understanding..I think the Lord led me to pray that way and I see the reason..When you are feeling up to it give me a call to go and have lunch or whatever you want!!!

    ReplyDelete