Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Results Day

I went to work this morning to attempt to get caught up on all my competencies and skills fair stuff. It is always great to see everyone and I feel so accomplished today. But i am sure that is not why you are reading this right now. At 1:15 John and I went to see the doctor. The gal who checked me in was very pleased to see I gained two pounds (so was I) and that my vitals signs were all good. She then took us to our room and we sat.....and sat and while we sat I ate my lunch. Once my tummy was pleasantly full, theeee doctor poked his head in and said, "I am so backed up with patients today.....would you mind if we schedule this for two weeks out?" I said, "Nooooooooo way! Get your butt in hear!" We had a decent chuckle and then he continued to tell me that he couldn't be more pleased about the results. I said, "Really?" He said, "Really!" My smallest tumor was MIA (which is ok with me....bye!). My middle size tumor has shrunk by 55% and the sugar uptake has decreased by 75%(which means he is starving to death.....hee, hee). And the monster tumor has shrunk by 35% and the sugar uptake by 50% (not feeling sorry for him either). I am so grateful for all the prayers out there. God is great and merciful. As far as I am concerned, what has been happening in my life is nothing short of a miracle! Praise Him!

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the great news! God truly performs miracles-we will continue to pray for more miracles.Keep up the fight and the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears in my eyes with joy!!!!! I told you last week that maybe there was a reason that your appointment was reshceduled. That is probably when the small tumor left. We are very happy for you....and we will continue to pray for the rest of the tumors to go "MIA" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHooWooHooWooHooWooHooWooHoo....Let me tell you how I really feel!!!!!!! So happy and so proud of you and your awesome attitude. Keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suddenly all the tingling, cramped hands and feet, and cold-shock seems worth it, I'm sure. Your strength through this has been constant--you should be very proud of yourself. A few more doses of Tumor-Be-Gone and you'll be right as rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, loved the doc's sense of humor--cruel but funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cynthia that is awesome news, it gave me goose bumps! I am inspired by your energy and attitude in dealing with this cancer, I think you do more in a day than me, keep it going!
    Jenny Cook

    ReplyDelete
  7. FINALLY the tide has turned your way! Glad to hear the great news. Miss You!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone from work wishes you well and with a few tears of joy for the miracle of your recovery happening so much more quickly than we could have hoped. They all send their love and prayers for further recovery even though they know the misery you are having to go through to get there. God is very merciful and thanks to him we have the technology to kill these tumors and give you friends and family who love and support you even though we can't always be with you, you are always in our thoughts. Miss you and John and this kids very much. All our love , Mom and Rich

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an answer to lots of prayers!!! So happy for you! I will continue to pray that those remaining tumors starve and go away!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool, breaks over. Time to get those dirty dishes and laundry done.

    ReplyDelete