Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lets catch up!

As you all know, I had chemo on Wednesday and all around it went well. On Thurday I woke up with cramps in my legs so severe they went up through my hamstrings....youch! So, I said, lets go walk Red Rocks stairs and see if this will help(ambisious). My first hike up the cold air attacked my throat causing me to sit and breath through my hands to warm it up. It was a little scary since I couldn't breathe normal and I could hear a touch of strider going on....I suppose that would scare anyone in their right mind! I made it to the top and was able to do two more treks up the stairs(right along with the snails). The good news is I think it actually helped with my leg cramps and I no longer needed to walk like a grandma although my hands continued to behave like they belonged to that grandma.......Granted, I was in bed by 8pm that night. Friday I woke up with severe swelling and burning on the soles of my feet and palms of my hands. Holy cow did that hurt! Nothing seemed to help. My finger were the size of my thighs and the palms/soles were a raging red. On top of the burning they itched....not a good combo that is for sure! The pain in my toes woke me in the middle of the night several times limiting my REM. Good thing I don't get too cranky due to lack of sleep......do I?hmmmm. There were signs of improvement today. They are still red, yet less swollen unfortunately they continue to sting. On top of that I have been nauseated off and on and my mouth tastes like @#$. I knew I was truly home bound for the evening when I started my bout of chemo induced d$%rrh&*. Oh ya....I'm going there! John asked,"is this normal?" "define normal...", I said.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cynthia...praying for you. I talked to Terri M. yesterday at church and had you on my mind for most of the day. Crap.. those side effects are the poops. Keep your head up and know that I am with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neuropathy, diarrhea, rash, and cramps. Holy crap that sounds like the line-up at some all-day alternative rock metal festival! "Hello, Denver! We're Diarrhea and we are here to kick your a%&!"

    ReplyDelete