Monday, March 22, 2010

Long time, no post...

I know it has been quite a few days since my last post. I have a good excuse for that......my fingers hurt too much to type. Lame, but true. So, here is a quick breakdown of chemo week from $%#@.
Wednesday-came home from chemo and went down hill quick. Very nausiated...
Thursday-comtinued to be very nausiated. Neuropathy beginning to set in. Only in my hands this time(praise God on that one)!
Friday-woke up with a refreshing sinus infection(that's what I thought, anyway). It continued to get worse with shooting pain behind my left eye. I called my oncologist to see if they wanted to start antibiotics and Advil sinus/cold. he said "No. Go to the ER. " "What? Really? Come on!" Apparently when you are receiving chemo and you come down with any unusual ailment.....you go to the ER. What a waisted Friday evening.... I felt absolutely silly telling them I was there for a sinus infection and shooting pain behind my eye and they looked at me like I was crazy or something. Which I am, but that's beside the point. Then we talked chemo and everything started to move quickly. After a head cat scan, eye pressure exam, blood cultures and all kinds of other blood work....I was sent home with Antibiotics for a sinus infection. Hmmmm.
Saturday-ER called to see if I would come in for a follow up. How many ER's do that? I said no. My eye pain switch to my right and my nose continued to ruuuuun! I told them I could handle that and nothing more. Hands hurt like %$#@. So, I started wearing big, fat, ugly black mittens to control the pain. Lovely.
Sunday-Nausea is gone with the help of drugs and Pregipops. Woo hoo! Hands still hurt and mittens remain on. I love these mittens.
Monday-sinus infection rages on and fingers still tingle. Oh well! Yet another chemo therapy done! That is a blessing in itself.

2 comments:

  1. You are turning into such a fashion template! Mittens (and you are such a wimp for not typing in your mittens--how hard could it be?), nosebleeds, chirping pumps, what else can you accesorize with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cynthia ~ I am so glad I got to see you, John and the girls. You do look fabulous...though I did catch before the Friday sinus thing and tingling gig kicked in. You are on your way to getting out of this whole cancer chapter in your life. You are going thru this with humor and grace...keep it up. Some day we'll talk about "those months you battled cancer" and we'll toast that they are behind you and we'll laugh about the mittens and warm ice cream. Love you ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete