Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yay chemo day!

Blast those tumors! Unfortunately, I lost those three pounds I worked so hard for during the session before. I guess I need to go back to the buffets for lunch......and Super Salad does NOT count. Everything else looked good including lab work. Chemo went well today! I had a nice lunch date and got my but whopped in Yahtzee! Can you believe that? She didn't let me win! And then I took a little snoozer. My cramps settled in just as quickly as normal. My hand and foot pain came early.......maybe it will end early? There is always hope. I have nose bleeds every single morning and some in the afternoon......just had one that is what made me think of it! Strangely so, I never shared this with my nurse or doctor until today. I almost considered it as a normal part of my life and not a side effect. Isn't that strange? Avastin can cause severe bleeding.....probably should have shared earlier. I got busted though. Last chemo session I wanted to go to a movie and my pump started to do it's chirping thing. It chirps LOW before the final screech. We were at Target when that started. I said, "Lets go home to disconnect this pump so it doesn't go off during the movie. " It chirped a couple more times, I disconnected it, flushed my line and disposed of my sharp then off to the movie. Today I asked my nurse how long it generally chirps before the final screech and she said about 2 hours. I told her the story and she said, " We already kinda new you disconnected early...." What? There were 4cc's left in the pump meaning at least 2 hours of infusion. They checked. Oh......ok. I guess I better be on my best behavior from now on! Signing off! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Happy ST. Patrick's Day- sure hoped you dressed in green. You are part Irish, you know. That happens to be where you get that fight and stubbornness.Hope you have a good day, I will probably sleep though most of mine. Hope so anyway. love you, mom

    ReplyDelete