Monday, April 12, 2010

hello!

I had trouble making dinner(because of the cold sensitivity) but was perfectly able to mow the lawn. How ridiculous is that? I am going to work tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how my fingers react to all the activity and hand washing. I hope it all goes well......I am feeling well and not looking forward to chemo on Wednesday.. ....It is interesting how the cancer doesn't seem to effect me, it's the chemo that shuts me down. At least I think that is how it is working. During the time that I feel well, I just want to squeeze in so much: spend time with family and friends, enjoy the sun on my face, watch the flowers grow, go to work.....I hope my girls remember the good days more than the yucky ones. This blog has turned into a good reflection of what we are going through. I have started printing it off for them in hopes they will remember this time in a positive light. I suppose it will help.....thanks for listening to all my babble!

2 comments:

  1. I always like listening to your babble...your input is always interesting to read. I am just anxious for your writings to include cancer free, cold finger free and never chemo again on Wednesday additions! I hope work went well and you will have a lovely evening with your family tonight.

    Miss you ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember well the dread I felt driving to the hospital for my second surgery, knowing exactly what was coming (yet not knowing how it was going to go down). Really knowing only that I DIDN'T want to be driving to the hospital again.
    You have to go through that every couple of weeks, and it amazes me how positive you've stayed. Makes me feel a bit like a puss, actually!
    So, mow away, Curro, and enjoy the smell of the grass, the feel of the breeze, and the sound of the bugs in the bushes (if you listen carefully you can hear them). You've earned it.

    ReplyDelete