Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Read warning first-tough read.

I will pre-warn all of you.....I am going to talk about a couple of books in this blog. So if you are an avid reader, don't read this. I plan on giving the end away on both of them....or at least a big chunk of it.

So, I read this book called The Last Song (a lovely gift from a couple of friends) and did fine till the last 30 pages or so. It took me four days just to get through those since it is imposable to read through tears. The father in the story dies from cancer......Then, I read another book called Leota's Garden and in the end the dear, sweet grandmother starts to die from cancer. Gettin the theme? Now, my girls and I have a tradition. Since season one of the Biggest Loser we have curled up on the couch and watched it together. We would pick teams and cheer for them. Anyone watch it last night? If you haven't, stop reading here. Oneal's brother passed away because of cancer. While he was explaining this Saige (my six year old) looked straight at me and asked me where he was. Sierra said, "Heaven." Saige asked if he was coming back. Sierra said he died from cancer and is not coming back. During this time tears just streamed down my face and I couldn't speak or breathe. She just got it......She then looked at me with those big brown eyes and asked me if I was going to die. Thanks a lot Biggest Loser. Could have used some warning! Would have taken the girls to Mr. Biggs or the pool or Sate City. Any place but here......that's for sure.
Don't worry. I regained composer and was able to have my heart to heart with my six year old about cancer, mommy's medicine and how we (meaning God, mommy and super doc)are NOT going to let that happen! WOW! Needing prayers for Saige today. Thank you...

6 comments:

  1. Oh My -- that is hard -- I love you, Cuz! You really are going to get through this! Those tumors are shrinking! The chemo is worth it. I believe with everything I am that you will beat this. You were strong, young and healthy when this started, so your chances of doing well are great! There is one more book I would recommend. It's The Last Lecture by Randy Pascal. His actual lecture is on Youtube too. His story is a true inspiration. His cancer was pancreatic. He did not survive, but I believe his story can be inspirational to you and the girls.

    There are also tons and tons of survival stories on the internet. People are over-coming impossiblle odds every day! You will be able to add your surviva story one day too!
    http://www.healthination.com/Sitewide-Content/Video-Menu-Content/True-Life-Stories/Cancer-Survival
    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy Pausch --The last Lecture

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have "The Last Lecture" if you really want to read it. I tried to warn you about "The Last Song" without giving the ending away. I'm sorry -- maybe I should have just told you and then you could have made an informed decision about reading it. We'll say an extra prayer for Saige and she is welcome over here anytime if that will help. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and for those that don't read.... just watch the last lecture here:
    http://www.cmu.edu/uls/journeys/randy-pausch/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right ~ tough read. The light bulb that clicked for Saige must have been hard...but you had a good and honest come back...you, God and the cancer doctor are taking control and getting you cancer free very soon!

    Time to read some good old classics with happy endings!

    Sending tons of love your way and extra for the girls tonight! Love ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cynthia, I love you!! I am sorry for those hard talks that are never convenient but that God can use to touch you and others. I am touched by your bravery and your courage. I am here if you need anything and I am fighting in your corner with you.

    ReplyDelete