Saturday, April 10, 2010

I am still here....

I can not believe how long it has been since my last post! I am soooooo very sorry! Since my last post I have started a Restoration Yoga class two days a month, spent a lot of time sitting on my front porch reading my book and finally enlisted a friend to come over and help me with some "cold" cleaning and another to make me super healing soup. My pitty party was short lived yet therapeutic and the comments made by all of you have been uplifting and well appreciated. The tips of my fingers are still numb but the don't hurt as much.....interestingly enough my lips are numb as well and crunch up into a pucker when they touch something too cold. That is a mighty pretty picture! Never mind the fact that I am craving Otter Pops! Walgreen's has called me three times for refills on my compazine......I have not turned them down! So, now I have extra in case they ever run out again.....Ha! I still have hair and actually need a hair cut, unfortunately my scalp has become very sensitive.......not sure if I trust anyone to be combing and cutting my hair at this point......I wear a hat often because the front has thinned out so much my scalp gets sunburned easily. Gratefully, I am feeling very strong! Not to jinx myself but, I am certain my cancer is melting away. I go for chemo this Wednesday and will receive my results from my CEA's and then will plan my next Pet Scan. The girls and John are doing great and seem to be taking things in stride. While Saige was at a birthday party Sierra and I went shopping for summer clothes. It was nice mommy/daughter time. Sierra said she wants to go to San Diego this summer. I told her this summer may be filled with Colorado weekenders and chemo so San Diego will have to wait. She actually said, "I don't like you having cancer and having to go for chemo every other week..........it gets in the way of our vacation time." I laughed so hard my tumors fell out! I have been saying that all along.....sure does get in the way of MY social time! Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment