Thursday, February 11, 2010

CEA results

OK, I am sure you all are wondering about the CEA discussion. I did get a call back from the doc and here is what they are thinking. My first CEA was checked the morning of my surgery and the results were 30.5. Then I had surgery followed by five weeks of recovery and then the start of chemo. They believe that between surgery and chemo my CEA's continued to climb (unfortunately undocumented) and the most current results of 54 are more than like an improvement. "Fine" I say......"I can play along as long as they are rechecked on the 17th along with a PA 19". (yet another tumor marker that was very elevated pre surgery) Deal! From my understanding, a big surgery like a colon resection will cause an elevation in the CEA's. This would have been good information to share when they were drawn....don't you think? So....for now we have to believe this is working and those dumb tumors are melting away. In the mean time I did what all upset, pissed off mommies do.......I cleaned house! How is this therapeutic? Not sure, but it is! Today I went in to the school to help out with Valentines parties. I just love being around all the kids. They are spewing inspiration and joy which instantly warms my heart. I think I received at least a 100 hugs today, which I am flying high on! Trust me....they work better than Xanex! Have a great weekend and lots of Valentines love goes out to ya!

5 comments:

  1. The cleaning is supposed to be therapeutic because it keeps you from sitting there and thinking, "Poor me" or whatever else you might think if you were having a pity party! It is also empowering because you accomplish something and have control over something! (At least that is what it might do in theory. ;) Have I told you that I think you are amazing? You maintain a good sense of humor and stay true to your faith in the midst of the storm. You are an inspiration to me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come over and give you another one hundred hugs. I have been thinking of you a ton. Lets go do something?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it all wrong< CEA's for you is Cancer Eating Agent. :) luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is for you! It's my favorite song.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l3CEMWCxSk&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true about the cleaning thing. Our husbands are so lucky when we get into "a mood" because they get a clean house out of it!!:) Unfortunately for my house I don't live in a constant states of this-or I just wear myself out? I like the new meaning for CEA above. Thinking of you. Don't blow away in this wind:)I was at the kids parties also and you are absolutely right... Children are like God's little mood elevators:)

    ReplyDelete