Sunday, February 14, 2010

My cancer boat...

What a whirl wind of a weekend! My sister had a free night in Blackhawk at Ameristar so I packed up the kids and went up there. The kids enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the buffet! Yummy! Then we watched the opening ceremonies together......I'll keep my opinions to myself. OK, no I won't. What was up with the "song of peace" being the song from the movie Shreck? Wow! And the "boy running through the plains" enactment? Come on! Really? Nine million dollars and that's the best you could come up with? Obviously I am feeling a little spunky right now. Church was amazing.....during offering a duet was sung for me. Ok, not really for me, but it should have been! Now that was a song of peace, love and hope. Maybe you two should contact Vancouver for the closing ceremony? I do have to say I had five minutes of "feel sorry for me" time. I struggled with old dreams and trying to replace them with new dreams for our future. And then I read a book....yes a whole book and came out in the end with immense hope and ideas for my cancer boat. I am no longer floating along, I am driving!

4 comments:

  1. Right on Captain Cindy!

    In case anyone missed it... here are a few lines from the "song of peace"

    "She tied you to a kitchen chair
    She broke your throne
    She cut your hair"

    "all I ever learned from love
    Was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I ate soup out of a can...Yummy
    Went to work at midnite on a train to Sharon Springs, KS. fun fun fun
    You know how much I love you and wish I could trade places with you. anytime, really In a second, yup.
    luv ya


    No offense to any Canadians, but is everyone up there bloody gay?
    Olympic torches that look like joints rolled by blind amputees with parkinson's.
    Don't they have national health care also. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a whirl wind of a weekend...I am sure you'll sleep well tonight!

    I do not know the song you are referring to...but will look up the words. It is amazing how the right song can touch us!

    Glad to hear you were enjoying the food!

    Six days out from your last treatment...I hope you are feeling better each day!

    Love you ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, I didn't watch any Olympics this weekend, but your description of the torch damn near caused me to snort coffee out my nose!

    ReplyDelete