Wednesday, February 17, 2010

One more down....how many to go?

So, we had a Hawaiian party today at chemo. It was great! We put up a beach scene on the wall, wore blue grass skirts, blue visors with flowers on them and blue lays. My sister actually sprayed her hair blue! Karen brought in fresh fruit and cheese and crackers which was yummy! Got a few interested (or maybe interesting) looks from all the other patients there. I am thinking all this crazy activity really threw my nurse off. One drip she set at 30cc per hour when it was supposed to be set at 300cc/hr and didn't catch it till a half hour later, then she started another drip but never opened the clamp so I was only getting normal saline for about another half hour....or more, when I looked up and notice it wasn't infusing....... so, I took the liberty to open it. Then she hooked up yet another drip when I noticed there was another large air pocket (5 inches or so) in the line. She said, "those little bubbles are OK." So I flicked it and said I am not worried about small ones....its this giant bubble going into my chest that bothers me. At least I got her attention with that and she remedied the situation. My muscles started twitching right away with the Oxaliplatin and now my legs are in a fierce charly horse. Wish you all could see this......very bizzar. I ate very well tonight, even though my mouth tastes like ground metal. March 1st is my date set up for my next PET scan. Only then will we beable to see how effective this treatment is. In the mean time I will enjoy the next 48 hours of my 5FU pump and my metal mouth!

2 comments:

  1. I can not wait to see pics of the party!!! The cell phone pics did not do it justice! Gotta see the blue hair!!!

    SO again your 3 hr treatment was not a 3 hr treatment!!! I think the nurses just love your company and screw up to keep you around, except for the slight air bubble, that would not have kept you around:) YIKES!!! Be at ease, I'll be there for the next treatment and I won't let them screw up!

    btw have you finished the puzzle yet? What will I be working on during you PET scan? Should I bring my really hard dofin mosaic puzzle?

    To everyone reading this out there in Denver: Cindy, Anna and I want to go out to see a band for our birthday which is on Feb 28th. So if any of you know of any really great bands that we could go see on Saturday, Feb 27th, please let us know. And of course the more the marrier so I hope some of you can go out with us:)

    miss and love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was searching for leg cramp jokes but found a remedy instead. I'm sure it works!!!! cuz it a money back GAAAROOONTEE:)

    It's an old Amish remedy still made the old fashioned, original way by Caleb Treeze Organic Farm.

    Ingredients:
    A carefully balanced mixture of certified organic unfiltered raw apple cider vinegar,
    juice from the ginger plant and just the right amount of all natural garlic juice in
    special combination so as to achieve almost instant relief from leg, foot and hand
    cramps.

    One bottle is usually enough for 2 to 3 months for most people.
    (You only take it when you need it.)

    HAHAHA you will prolly go through it faster than "most people"!
    Check it out:
    http://www.stopslegcramps.com/

    luv ya!

    ReplyDelete