Wednesday, February 3, 2010

chemo day 3

OK, so remember the cramps I was talking about? They are back! My toes curled up and my calf's went into a nasty little charlie horse......but it also feels like I am walking on stumps cuz I can't tell where I am setting my feet down. Very weird! My fingers are cramping too...making typing yet another challenge. And at one point I swear my lips curled off to the left making it difficult to talk.......that is a problem! They drew my tumor markers today. That was a surprise, so I will have an idea if what we are doing is working. I have to say I have picked my favorite nurse as of today. Unfortunately I didn't get her for this treatment. I felt my nurse today was sloppy. That is not a comforting feeling. Mental note: do not nap in the care of this nurse. Granted she was very nice.....just sloppy. Oh! I can't drink room temperature drinks! They actually have to be warmed up! What the heck! Last night I had an ice cream bar and it was fine! Today I can only eat and drink warmed things. Crazy how fast they set in today. Here goes four yucky days and then I should start turning around on Monday. I will keep you posted. If any of you have this urgent need to come over and massage my charlie horses....have at it! A good friend stopped by today and braught lunch....very yummy! Chemo days are turning into lunch dates....nice ring to it huh? Lunch Date.....with extra hydration! yah that's it. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It sure is a good thing you like hot tea! That was really nice to make chemo day a lunch date. Next time can we make it a kegger? anyone who comes will have to agree to drink warm beer however.
    what are "tumor markers" I thought they would do a pet scan to see if it is working. When do you get the results from the draw?

    ReplyDelete