Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Very emotional day....

Emotionally I was not at my best today. First, my Mom and my Richie went home. I was very sad to see them go but at least I now know I can handle this........ only because of the wonderful support system I have here in Colorado. I then took the kids to school and Bailey to the vet to have her ear looked at again. Just so you know, Deer Creek animal clinic is amazing, wonderful, supportive and has done great work with my girl. I don't know what I would have done without them during this time. My husband then called about my CEA results. There was a misunderstanding with the values from the hospital and the values in the clinic which I only knew at this time......so I started crying. So now Dr. Kushel was caring for me during my emotional roller coaster. When I got home I called the @#$%^ center to chat with somebody about my results. I thought I had sorted out all the worries surrounding the fact that my CEA's almost doubled, but when the nurse says things like, "Oh ya, I can understand your concern......might have to change chemo regime.....and, I will have to have Dr. Jotte call you since this is not what we would like to see....." . All my fears erupted after that. AHHHHHHHH! So, I cried, said hateful things and claimed my "this is not fair!" card. I have also decided I hate the word sick, and the phrase "life is too short...". I have plans....big plans and they start today. No number is ever going to tell me I am too sick to live my life to the fullest! Love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Cynthia, I am so sorry you are going through this. I wish I had a magic wand and could make it go away. It is not fair and it totally sucks! Use that card as often as you need.
    I love your attitude! You are strong and won't let anything get in your way :) Yay big plans!
    I agree the people at Deer Creek are awesome! I am glad they are supportive, although I could not imagine them being anything less.
    You are always in my prayers. Stay strong, and remember it is okay to cry, yell and scream when needed. Let me know if you need things to break, I will bring some over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia,
    You are without a doubt the most determined and positive individual I have ever known in my 55 years on God's green Earth. Between you and Him, the journey will be a piece of cake. Don't concern yourself with numbers--thats all they are.

    Your words have given me loads of inspiration.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some of the best words i have ever been told is you have cancer it DOSE NOT have you.... you are with out a doubt the best person i know and i love u for that

    ReplyDelete