Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oh my, what a disater!

I realize that when I am going through my extended chemo treatment......I tend to not blog as much. I am very sorry about that. But, boy do I have so much to talk about today. First of all, I had to go back to RMCC on Friday because a malfunction in my tubing connections to my 5FU pump. Apparently it sprung a leak during the night and I woke up with cytotoxic all over my chest and stomach! I was actually standing in the kitchen(surrounded by young ears) when I noticed it. And what is the first thing out of my mouth? Oh shit!!!!! So I went up stairs and washed it off, stripped my bedding and clothing to be decontaminated and then called the center. And what do you know......they wanted me to come in. I opposed this suggestion until I realized I could not repair my leak with a pantie liner....damn. So, I took my own sweet time to get there, knowing full well that they would take their own sweet time once I got there.....know what I mean? Once I saw the doc and we decided a plan of action(which was to bolus the remainder of the 5FU and then disconnect me) I mossied into the infusion center, plopped into a seat and told the nurse to finish me off and send me home. The patient across from me laughed so hard I thought she would start growing hair and said, "Care full for what you ask for!"Two hours later my tired butt rode home begging for a bed....any bed at this point.
Updates now: my brother is drinking his golytly right now and will shooting water out of his $%^ byten pm. Ha---hahaha. Ha-hahahaha. Ok, I am done laughing about that(chickle, chuckle). Please pray for a clean colon!

2 comments:

  1. It's 10pm and your bro is STILL sipping his yummy drink! He started @ 6pm- I think it keeps refilling itself because he's been drinking it every 10 minutes and isn't finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we think you should be a writer! Hope you are keeping all of your entries in a notebook. It would make a great book for all those going through this type of thing. Hope you are feeling a little better today with no more leg cramps and no more metal in the mouth! We miss you! Kandy et al

    ReplyDelete