Monday, December 21, 2009

10 things to be greatful for.

At 3:00 am this morning I sat in my living room fighting aches and pains and yet another blessed fever. As I sat there I was thinking of a few things I am greatful for. Now this list is not going to include the obvious, such as God, friends and family. So lets have fun with it!
1) gotta love my new combo drug of tylenol and advil, Mmmm.
2) massage chair-this comes in handy when I am feeling all achey
3) the Christmas lights on my Christmas tree-you gotta see them, they rock!
4) multi-grain cheerios-the only thing that seems to sound good these days.
5) my email to Dr. Oz-oh yea, I went there!
6) the shower-great place to cry and nobody knows it, ha!
7) blankets-for when the shivers won't go away
8) my front porch-step onto it and I instantly recieve my daily dose of sunshine! yummy!
9) barf buckets-when my children use them correctly :)
10) music-especially Christmas music!
I hope you are all enjoying christmas break so far! BTW I so enjoy all of your comments. They are so encouraging, and sometimes very funny!

8 comments:

  1. I just love your attitude Cynthia! You rock!! You are such an inspiration :) Have a great break with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wiggen me out....I thought I was the only one who knew about cryin in the shower...please don't tell anyone cuz I like everyone thinking that I have no heart and that I don't cry.... even though I do... A LOT:) Say it like Peanut from Jeff Dunham...haha

    I'm looking forward to Christmas break so I can come bug you!!! 2 more days:) woohoo! Plus I get to see Christmas lights...I didn't put mine up since I have a bum leg and I'll be out there. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

    LUV YA:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you Cynthia... Keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right with you on the shower thing. I wonder if that runs in the family too. And Cindy, you have a great shower to cry in too.

    I would love to see the email to Dr. Oz. I hope you really let him have it! I thought of only two good reasons for your eating right and working out:
    1. It allowed you to have the energy to do all the fun stuff you have done with your kids and to climb the 14ers last summer with Christa.... I know I can't do all those things.
    2. It saved you from having a walmart clerk ask you if you were having contractions (happened to me today)She is lucky I didn't rip her head off and claim PMS did it.

    You have always been good at seeing the silver lining. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. massage chair?? How did I miss that? Were you hiding it from me?

    Yea! Christa's coming! Wish I could be there too! Show Dr Oz a thing or two---When Christa comes, make 5 doz sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles and eat them all (ok give a couple to the girls)--but stuff 4-5 in your mouth at a time, drink milk from the gallon jug, and tell Dr Oz to kiss your a$$--

    ReplyDelete
  6. crying in the shower? bang your head on the side and swear some too. stomp your feet and then say
    "I kil you" like ach flem med! Yes it runs in the family!!!!!!And we are tough as nails when it comes to fighting for anything that we decide is right. This fight is the toughess one ever and you will beat it. love and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am grateful for your beautiful outside lights! My lame lights worked when I tested them in the garage but decided to only work selectively once hung and plugged in. Since my kids don't really enjoy our pathetic display, they do like looking at yours and asking if they can go outside by your lights. (I suppose that should be a warning -- if you ever see a little person on your porch at night, assume that I am locked away somewhere by my little guy!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cynthia ~ Can you add a Christmas cookie with the cherios...maybe a rum ball (maybe not...rumballs even make me puke)!

    I hate this for you, Cynthia...the aches, pains and fevers...I just pray this chapter of your journey will close and the next chapter towards healing will start.

    If you are not in the shower when you feel like crying again...call me (anytime...3:00 a.m. would be a lovely time to chat). I am going to get my cell phone right now and have it plugged in next to my bed. Anytime, my friend, you call. Love you :D

    ReplyDelete