Thursday, December 17, 2009

I know, it's 3 am!

Yesterday was not a fun day. About 3 days ago I started spiking my temperatures again, and it is sucking the life out of me! Yesterday I was asked to come into Rocky Mt.(that's the cancer center) and have blood cultures and CBC done. After 5 sticks they were able to get one set of blood cultures and the CBC......5. This poor girl felt so bad. Then she found out I was a nurse next door and I thought she was going to faint! Thank God she didn't because I don't have the energy to play nurse. So, anyway, they wanted the blood just to play on the side of caution but the story is.....the temperatures are tumor related. Good God! So are they growing when I spike these temps? No. Are you sure about that? Yes. Silver lining? They should go away when chemo starts. How demented am I that I am now counting down the days for chemo! Ha! I make myself laugh. I was so tired from all of this, as soon as I hung up the phone from my last (barely allowed) phone call, my husband picked me up and whisked me off to bed. This was at 7:30 for crying out loud! Then John came to bed at 12:30 and began to snore. I tried to find joy in that (since I told John that I want to find the joy in everything) but I failed. When did he start to snore? So, here I am, at 3 am blogging to all of you. Thank goodness for this! I have to say, I am really enjoying this time though. It may be three, but it is quiet and I am sitting on my couch with just the Christmas tree on and it is really nice. Love you all!

8 comments:

  1. Like John said about the pain, if you can hear him snoring, it means you are alive and he is alive and there is your joy! ;) I can be real annoying and "help" you find the joy in lots of things. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words: EAR PLUGS:)

    I will bring you some or I'm guessing John has some....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can vouch for the ear plugs-- a must have

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elbow him like I do your brother and tell him to sleep on his side! It usually works too. Try it.You can always blame me :) Love you and our prayers and thoughts are with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally made Ron move to his hunting room. Have'nt slept that good in 18yrs. We will see how long it lasts between him and the baby i'm doomed for sleep. Hope you sleep well tonight. Take care love you lots!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rich always says that he doesn't snore but how does he know? He's sleeping for pete's sake. I under stand the enjoyment of peace in the quiet night. You have so much going on all the time. Keep taking naps and enjoy a few of those times once in a while. sending love to all and give my grandchildren all my kisses and hugs. Miss you all so much. Will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Girlie Girl!!! Thinkimg of you everyday. Love you : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Breathe Right strips work too but just don't ask me how I know ;)

    ReplyDelete