Thursday, December 3, 2009

The scoop

OK. Here's the scoop. November 1st I thought I had the Swine Flu. I spiked my first fever. I felt sick to my stomach. Two weeks later, I went to the doctor to find out why I was still having fevers. He wanted a CAT scan of my chest to find out if I had an infection... I still thought that I had Swine Flu. I waited for insurance o.k. and had a CAT scan on November 24th. They called me back to be admitted to the hospital for IV antibiotics because they thought there were pockets of fluid on my liver. One procedure led to another and they ended up doing a liver biopsy. Friday. November 27th, the biopsy results came back and I recieved the shock of my life: diagnosed with metastatic liver cancer. Saturday: found the primary source - in my colon - and had that tumor removed. On the mend and regaining strength day by day. Now... will keep you posted on the road to recovery, I appreciate everyone's prayers and support. Check back here for updates - I will keep you posted as we travel this road together!

No comments:

Post a Comment