Friday, January 22, 2010

Chemo week

My goodness am I tired! I think I could easily sleep till next week!. Nausea has not been too bad so far but I have a whole slew of new symptoms. My toes and fingers are numb and tingly and my hands and calves cramp up when in use. It is very strange when you actually have to pry your own fingers back open. Sierra is sitting next to me right now and seems to find this funny. I do to actually.....I had three doctors appointments today. One with Dr. Gyno to have a pap smear and ultrasound because of some irregular bleeding. Sorry guys....I'm sure you don't want to be alerted of IRREGULAR BLEEDING! Stop squirming in your seats. Then I went to see my surgeon and was officially cleared to go back to work. I know it sounds crazy, but I have to give it a try. Then I bee-bopped my little but down to the cancer center (4 hours early) and asked them to teach me how to remove my own CADD pump so I didn't have to return at 5:00pm to have them do it. I had to assure the nurse that I, too, was a nurse and fully capable of flushing my own lines and removing a teeny tiny needle from my port. I won! I love it when I win! Now i have to stop typing because my fingers are curling up......darn little things! Hope yu all have a great weekend. Get out and enjoy the weather!

5 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blogs - you make me laugh. Hope your little fingers uncurl and you have a wonderful weekend!

    Love you lots,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the cramping...cool no hair has fallen out (though you would just as gorgeous bald...and save on prep time). I truly hate the side effects you have to deal with...hopefully the will subside soon.

    Hey...work...can you be the unit clerk... mentally as hard, but physically a bit easier. Actually work is very over rated...chill and heal!

    Loveyou ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy: I have been following this forum on About.com. this is one of the things the guide posted for neuropathy: http://coloncancer.about.com/b/2009/12/08/goshajinkigan-gjg-herbal-supplement-for-neuropathy.htm

    The forum guide has good credentials: http://coloncancer.about.com/bio/Suzanne-Dixon-MPH-RD-57227.htm

    Perhaps you can ask your doctor about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to thinking and I'm sure that you probably have already had offers but here goes anyway...
    I could loan you some of my extra fat-what the heck you can just have it. I am totally willing to make that sacrafice for you. Just let me know, my fat is in good shape:) I can't beleive you are heading back to work(?), crazy girl!! Glad to hear no nausea and no fanny pack for the time being? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check into this, Cyn--love you!
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/03/980325075631.htm
    Radio Frequencies Used To Kill Inoperable Liver Tumors At Penn's Cancer Center
    ScienceDaily (Mar. 25, 1998) — By transforming radio signals into a surgical laser, surgeons at the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center are using high-energy radio frequency sound waves to destroy inoperable primary and metastatic liver tumors. The powerful procedure -- called radio frequency ablation -- is available exclusively in the Delaware Valley region at Penn's Cancer Center... and available at only a few select hospitals across the nation.

    ReplyDelete