Friday, January 29, 2010

new normal

Today I went to the girls school to assist Sierra's class in decorating for their teachers surprise birthday party. These little fourth graders planned the whole thing with cake, drinks, decorations......everything. I questioned whether it would actually be a success. It was amazing to watch these kids work together. They were brimming with excitement and joy! I am so proud of them......I believe Miss. teacher of the year was overwhelmed with pride as well. I then ran Bailey to the vet. She has yet another hematoma. It is on the other ear and needed to be surgically drained. She is at the hospital for tonight and maybe tomorrow night.....my poor baby. You should have seen her face.......I was the traitor and she was going to prison. I then ran a couple more errands, picked up the kids, ate dinner and kissed my husband good bye for work. Why do I tell you all this? It felt sooooo normal. I like that.....have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Cynthia! I'm glad you had a good day. But, why must you torture Bailey, so? What did she ever do to you? Since you sent her to prison shall I have a new name for you? Perhaps Warden? :) Hope today is a good day, too! XXOO T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cynthia ~

    Normal and status quo are very welcomed and appreciated...I always love those times. I hope those normal days just become more and more frequent for you, John and the kids!

    Maybe a fresh bouquet of flowers every day would help with the smells...where is FTD when you need them?

    Always thinking of you ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Bailey!! But so happy for YOU to have a "normal" day..yea!! I, too, hope there are many more of those in your future!! Praying for you all the time! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you:) Glad to hear you had a good, "normal" day. Hope to see you soon around work or school! (although I still think your a crazy girl for wanting to go back so soon!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. If they were so able to organize and pull off the party, don't you think it's time you introduced the two S's (Sage and Sierra) to the joys of cooking dinner--you can hide in the garage while they whip up a nice aromatic batch of asparagus (*evil grin*). Even better, teach 'me to grill--nothingn like giving a 4th grader the power of fire and making them stand out in the cold to build character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep up the great work your doing good you could always send Jon and the kids over to dads and have them cook over there, that way it would be like take out but with out the cost...
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete