Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First Chemo day done!

So, I showed up for chemo at 10:00 and didn't get home till after 7pm. I came home a very hungry caterpillar.....ate through some chicken, mash potatoes, cornbread and then attempted a brownie. Can't have brownies without ice cold milk.....oh yea! That is where I dropped the ball. Sucked down the milk and was in instant pain. They weren't kidding about this cold thing. All in all, chemo went very well. I had great nurses and suffered very little side effects(so far). But it is the little things we have to appreciate. Oh, by the way, PET scan came back showing only the three tumors. Now lets kick some cancer a$%! We can all rest well tonight! Love you all!

7 comments:

  1. After I heard the great news I had a little skip in my step as I made it thru the rest of the day!

    Hot chocolate, hot tea, hot broth may be your new best friends. Stay bundled, stay warm!

    Good night! Love, from your smiling friend :D !

    ReplyDelete
  2. WhooooHooooo! Kick some cancer a@#! So glad to hear the news. I will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire me!!! I should go back to Indy:) The glass of milk was my fault. The brownies where soooo good and Cindy said "can i have some milk?" and I say sure I'll get it....DUH!! Boy it's a hard habit to break. But the nurses say you'll only make the mistake once, I'm just glad I could be a part of it. Luve ya sis:) 20 minutes later Saige walked right up to Cindy with a half gallon of ice cream and asked...can you get me some? Cindy squirmed away and said no while I jumped to help her. I think we learned our leasson:)

    Tonight Cindy was explaining the port and the pump to Saige and how it is pumping meds into her body. Saige sees the tubing running from her chest to her fannypack and ask "Does it go in your butt?" and she pointed to it.... Holy crap is that girl funny!!! We laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here Chris was warming some water for you (you know where) and then you both forgot( NOT COLD-you both should be spanked-Wait until mom gets there-HA HA-I wonder where Saige got that idea, must have been mommy.See you soon-love you all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good news about the PET scan :D You are going to kick that cancer's a@@!! Bundle up and clip those gloves on the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear chemo went okay. Good to see you this Sunday. Cindy & I will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear the good news. We are hoping for the best and lots of good times for all of you.

    ReplyDelete