Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Can I be the first to say I am so very glad it is 2010? No more 2009.......woohoo! sorry I missed a few days of blogging, but I had a couple of really nice days and I enjoyed them with family. New Years Eve day was spent with all the girls getting short hair do's. It was a lot of fun and we look pretty cute too! Interesting how I was the last to get mine done and at that very moment (with only the first major cut done) somebody walked up to me and asked us what the occasion was.....my hair dresser spoke up very quickly saying it was just "sisters day" while Christa and I stood there with our mouths open....to the floor. She rocks! That night we had dinner and then played games. At 10:00 pm we all rang in the New Year and I then went to bed. At the end of the day, I reflect on how well I feel. I continue to need rest through out the day and plenty of rest at night, but I savor how (almost) normal it feels......and it is almost saddening that next week it could all change. So all I can do is find joy in all (almost) normal moments! The tumors can't take that from me!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia ~ I have needed an update...thanks for letting us know how you are doing...and it sounds like the last days have been fun for you. A great beginning to the year!

    Would love to see pics of all the new hairdos!

    You are wonderful and I appreciate you helping all of get THRU and PAST this with you!

    You are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our new hairdo's rock!!! We look HOT!!! We will try to figure out how to post a pic on this site today:) The hardest thing about the hairdo is doing it like Sandy our awesome hairdresser! ARGH!!! They have skill and we don't:) She was able to get our thin fine hair to actually have volume! She's a miricle worker:)

    It's is soooo awesome being here with Cindy, John, Sierra and Saige but going home is ging to be ROUGH!!! and expensive because they got a new TV and a Wii and it is soooo cool I'm might have to buy one when I get home. We played the Wii Fit Plus yesterday and what a blast!!! We laughed so HARD!!!

    Gotta go... Saige is up and hungry:)

    Luv ya sis! See ya when you wakeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for quick-thinking Sandy! CUTE dos!!!
    On Monday you will find peace in knowing that the only the liver is affected and they are shrinking!! Monday will be a good day!! love you all

    ReplyDelete