Monday, January 11, 2010

What a great day! I had very little nausea and more energy to boot! Unfortunately, I had some emotional moments: my sisters makeup was missing from the bathroom where she had moved in and set me off to tears realizing she was leaving so soon. Getting my eyebrows threaded made me cry too. I think the latter would make anybody cry! Christa and I made several laps around the mall as official "mall lappers" and then went for lunch to replenish my walked off calories. After, we went home to sit out in our camping chairs by the street enjoying company from all who would come along with the sun. Wow! Wasn't the weather beeeeaaaauuuutiful? Tomorrow is Sierra's birthday. She is turning ten. Tonight we wrapped up John's old phone for her to take over as her own. Regardless that the phone had a big hole in the screen from whatever John sat on......or maybe he ran over it with the truck, he's good at that you know. She was thrilled to have it! What a stinkin' sweetheart! So, when I pulled out a brand new, shiny, red phone for her and said she could have that one instead.....we all balked when she said no. No? No. I am happy with this phone. Hmmmm. Maybe we did something right after all as parents. After much encouragement, she realized the bright, red, new phone was actually for her. She is soooo cute! Hope you all had a great day as well!

3 comments:

  1. I've only had my eyebrows threaded once and it hurt! I know your pain on that one! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you teach my kids that lesson of appreciation? I am a complete failure! I look so forward to reading your blog... I am praying and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go off the blog and look up threading (we're so behind here in Glenwood). Ouch...looks painful, but effective! I always love hearing about your great days...there are more to come! Happy Birthday to Sierra! Love you ~ Sara

    ReplyDelete